Nighthawk App allows you to easily set up and manage your WiFi home network. It is easy to set up Nighthawk wireless router using this app. Using the Nighthawk router app, you could configure, install and manage the WiFi router wirelessly using any device. To set up your Nighthawk router, just try to connect your device for example laptop, desktop, or mobile device with your current WiFi network available. This will be considered as the first step of setup the Nighthawk router using the Nighthawk app.
This app makes it super easy to manage your connected devices with your WiFi network and your authority to pause the internet on any connected device. This is just one of the features of the Nighthawk App. You just have to set up it for the first time and it will be easy to manage. Now I am going to share some of the best features of the Nighthawk app.
Nighthawk App Features
Following are the most advance and useful features that Nighthawk App offers you for free. Using this app you could also easily set up your router just within few minutes.
- Parental Control: This feature allows you to manage the websites that are accessed using your WiFi network. As the name sounds this feature is specially built for kids to elude any adult content on the internet. We all know that while visiting different websites on the internet we encounter 18+ ads. So this feature will take care of that and do not allow your kids to check out any adult content websites.
- Remote Management: Nighthawk app has a great feature that allows you to control and manage your home WiFi network from anywhere in the world. I think this is a great feature that gives you full control when you are away from your home.
- Pause/Terminate Internet: Have you felt like pausing the internet on a specific device that was connected by your guest or neighbor for use of a limited time period. If you think you should pause the internet on a device that you can not trust then this feature allows you to do so. I think really great feature to have in every router management app. Nighthawk app has this feature and it gives you complete authority over your home Wi-Fi network.
- Guest Network: This is a feature that allows you to create a sub-network on your current home WiFi network and manipulate the download speed. This feature will be useful when you don’t want to allow any guest to use all internet speed.
- Device List: You can check all the devices connected to your home WiFi network. This feature will help you to track all the connected devices and you are able to know which device does not belong to your network.
So these are only a few selected features that I have mentioned above.
How to change the WiFi name and password?
They following instructions are simple steps to change the name of your WiFi network and password used to connect. You can perform this task using the Nighthawk App for Netgear Nighthawk router. You could easily download and install this app on your laptop, mobile phone, Tablets. Now let’s check how to reset the WiFi name and password.
- The first step, is to download and install the Nighthawk app on your device.
- Then open Nighthawk App and go to WiFi settings
- Tap on dashboard
- Now you could see the name of your WiFi network
- To change the name click on Wi-Fi settings and type the name you want to set for the network.
- Now click on Update
- If you want to change the password then click on password and type the new password you want to set.
- Now you are successfully changed the name and the password of your Wi-Fi network
How to create new MyNetgear account using Nighthawk App?
If you are new user to MyNetgear then first you have to create an account that will allow you to manage and control the home WiFi network. Once the account is registered, you could also able to add new router to the same account and manage it from Nighthawk App. But must have valid email address, which could be verified by send a verification email with code in it. Now let’s check the how to sign up for the Nighthawk app?
- You could create a new MyNetgear account using the Nighthawk App or Website.
- For Nighthawk App the first step is tab on open
- Now tap on Signup
- Full up your details like; First name and Last Name
- Then Enter your valid email address. You could use any email address like; GMail, Outlook, Yahoo mail etc.
- Now on the next step you have to set a password for your MyNetgear account.
- Put new strong password and rewrite it in the next box to confirm it
- Now click on Submit
- Once the all details are submitted then check your email address and confirm the registration.
I hope now you are able to sign into your MyNetgear account. If you still face any issue then I suggest you to contact the team and they will guide you with the solution.
How to register new Netgear Router using Nighthawk App?
In the following steps I am going to share the steps to link your new Netgear router with your Nighthawk App so that you could easily manage and control the configuration. Let’s get started and check out all the steps.
- The first step, is that your Netgear router is must connected with current home network.
- Now to register the Netgear router, go to the Nighthawk app.
- Log in using valid username and password.
- Put your email address used for when used to sign up the MyNetgear account.
- Once logged in , now go to dashboard
- Select the menu from top left side of your device’s screen.
- Select the name of new Netgear router that you want to register with Nighthawk App
- Click on register
- Now click on submit.
This is how you to register Netgear Router using Nighthawk App. I hope you are able to register the router on your Nighthawk App.
How to update Netgear router firmware?
Firmware is the set of protocols which is predefined by the manufacturer and law that how you router works in certain situations to avoid unauthorization access. Netgear release latest firmware for almost every device after few weeks. This updates elimate the loopholes present in the previous version of the firmware. Now let’s check how to update the firmware.
- Netgear Nighthawk AX8 Wi-Fi Router
- Tri-Band AX12 Netgear NighthawkNetgear AX12 NighthawkApp Login
- Netgear Nighthawk AC2600 AC2600
- Netgear Nighthawk AC1950
- AC1900 Netgear Nighthawk
- Nighthawk X10
- Netgear Nighthawk X6
- R6020 Setup Nighthawk
- Netgear R7900P Nighthawk Tri-band Route
- R7000 has long been one of Netgear
- Nighthawk App R6900
- R7960P Nighthawk
- Netgear R7900 Nighthawk
- Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500
- Netgear Nighthawk router (model R6700v2)